275 lb Bumper Plates & Olympic Barbell Set
Vulcan Bumper Plates are built to endure the rigors of
Olympic Weightlifting and Cross -Training Fitness workouts. Unlike lower priced
brands, our Bumper Plates are made of a harder and denser rubber
compound. As a result, our Bumper Plates have a much thinner profile
and more plates can be fit on the bar .
Others claim to have
equivalent rubber hardness, but their 10lb and 15lb bumper plates "waffle"
easily when dropped. The typical Bumper Plate has a thin pressed steel
insert which will come out over time with repeated droppings. Our
inserts are forged solid steel and anchored into the plate. We were the
first to introduce this technology in 2011 and to this day we have
replaced less than a dozen bumper plates out of multiple tons of plates
One of the things you will immediately notice when
lifting our bumper plates is how snugly they fit together on the bar as
well as the dead blow/low bounce effect they exhibit when dropped. It's
a very noticeable sound compared to the clanking rattling noise and
basketball-like rebounding you will experience with lesser quality brands.
The 275 lb Bumper Plates and Olympic Bar Set contains the following:
- One Basic Hard Chrome Olympic Bar (other options available in drop down menu)
- 16 unique Olympic Bar options are available
- Set contains a pair of each of the following Bumper Plate weight variants: 45 lb, 35 lb, 25 lb, and 10 lb
- Made to IWF (International Weightlifting Federation) Standard diameter 450mm (17.7165 inch).
- Solid Rubber Bumper Plates made from virgin rubber not recycled rubber.
- Low bounce for safety
- Safe for platform use
Bumper Plates have been tested to 30,000 drops from a height of 9 feet
without any deformation of the insert or damage to the rubber surface.
- Shore Durometer A 88.7 - 89.1 What is Shore Durometer? See Here.
- Plate diameter: 450mm (17.7") - Collar opening: 50.4mm
- Insert type: Forged Stainless Steel, not a thin pressed or stamped steel like some others
Inserts are actually anchored into the rubber, unlike most which are simply pressed in
- Plates have a thinner, low-profile design which allows you to fit more on the bar
- Weight tolerance: +/- 1% of claimed weight
- For: CrossFit®, Weightlifting, strength training, commercial gym or home gym use
- Warranty: 36 months on 55 lb, 45 lb, 35 lb, and 25 lb Bumper Plates; 1 year on 10 lb and 15 lb bumper plates
- Barbell collars are not included
Bumper Plate Drop Test Clip
Smooth Rotation For Olympic Weight Lifting
Bar and 150kg Bumper Plate Dropt Test Clip
Note: All bumper plate sets, bumper plate & Olympic bar packages and other heavy items may ship LTL freight. If you live in an area that is not accessible to a full sized freight truck contact us to make other shipping arrangements to avoid delays. You will be responsible for unloading the items from the truck, not the driver. Bumper plates and Olympic barbells are packaged in individual boxes and can be removed from the pallet by hand. If you require a truck with a liftgate to deliver, you must contact us for an additional rate quote for these extra services.