Vulcan Alpha Bumper Plates V2.0 - Pairs
Alpha Bumper Plates superior to recycled rubber weight plates
- Alpha Bumpers are made for indoor or outdoor use.
- Very low dead blow bounce on any surface, unlike typical recycled rubber plates that can bounce dangerously high or "skip" away from you
- Low noise. Alpha Bumper Plates make approximately 25% less noise when dropped from a height of 9 ft, based on testing with decibel meter
- Hearing damage & loss have become issues to some weightlifting coaches and trainers due to the level of noise exposure from multiple athletes dropping bumper plates throughout a training session
- If your gym is located in an area where the dropping of weights can cause a disturbance to your neighbors, the 25% reduction of noise can be helpful
- Lower odor than crumb rubber bumper plates or recycled rubber bumper plates
- Lower profile compared to typical crumb rubber bumper plate or recycled rubber bumper plates
- Free of PAHS and Phthalates
Frequently Asked Questions About Alpha Bumper Plates
What is the difference between the regular bumper plates and the Alpha Bumper Plates?
- Regular bumper plates are made to be dropped on rubber flooring or wood platforms. Using regular bumper plates on concrete or asphalt will impact their durability greatly. Alpha bumper plates can be dropped outdoors without fear of damaging the rubber. Alpha bumper plates are made of a patented rubber compound and process that is unique to Vulcan Alpha. The Alpha rubber compound has higher durability than standard bumper plates thus we back that claim with a 48-month warranty.
Do The Vulcan black bumper plates bounce the same as the Alpha Bumper Plates?
- Yes. The bounce between the two plates is the same. You could drop both plates side by side and there would not be a noticeable difference. The Alpha bumper plates are low bounce as are all of our bumper plates.
I saw some other bumper plates that looked similar, are they the same?
- No, they are not the same. Any bumper plate factory can make flecks in the rubber or use dye to give the appearance of flecks. The Vulcan Alpha Bumper Plates were introduced in 2015 and have become very popular. So popular and proven, that the "look" has been copied, but without the functionality of the Alpha Bumper Plates. Other Fleck plates are made with standard rubber that can chip, show easy signs of wear, or crack easily when dropped on aggregate surfaces such as concrete or pavement.
Do the Alpha Bumper Plates use the same Anchored Insert that other Vulcan Bumper plates use?
- Yes. The anchored steel insert will not loosen and depart easily as do bumper plates with standard pressed-in inserts. A pressed-in insert sits above the rubber surface on both sides of the plate. It is not embedded in the rubber during the process of vulcanization and as a result, lacks the durability of Vulcan Alpha Bumper Plates
Bumper Plate Weights, Dimensions, and Colors:
- 10 lb - 1.17 inches, 15.7" diameter, Grey Fleck
- 15 lb - 1.38 inches, 17.7" diameter, Orange Fleck
- 25 lb - 1.81 inches, 17.7" diameter, Green Fleck
- 35 lb - 2.55 inches, 17.7" diameter, Yellow Fleck
- 45 lb - 2.95 inches, 17.7" diameter, Blue Fleck
- 55 lb - 3.34 inches, 17.7" diameter, Red Fleck
- 10 lb plates are a slightly smaller diameter to add density to the rubber compound to allow for dropping. 10 lb plates can be dropped alone on the bar
- Color-coded with large Flecks of rubber for easy identification from a distance and a really unique look
- Color coding is standard IWF type coloring
- Color Flecks are part of the rubber compound
- Fit tighter together than any crumb rubber or recycled rubber bumper plates. Less vibration and wobbling
Bumper Plate Warranty and Care
- 48-month warranty on 55 lb, 45 lb, 35 lb, 36 months on 25 lb plates, 1 year on 15 lb and 10 lb bumper plates
- Plates can be used outdoors but should be stored indoors when not in use. See Bumper Plate Care instructions.
- Free Shipping Continental USA Only. For other regions and countries please contact us for a shipping quote.
||10 lb Alpha Bumper Plates - Pair
||15 lb Alpha Bumper Plates - Pair
||25 lb Alpha Bumper Plates - Pair
||35 lb Alpha Bumper Plates - Pair
||45 lb Alpha Bumper Plates - Pair - Limit Two Pair Per Order
||55 lb Alpha Bumper Plates - Pair
|Check the items you wish to purchase, then click