295 lb Bumper Plates and Olympic Bar Set
Vulcan Bumper Plates are built to endure the rigors of
Olympic Weightlifting and CrossFit® workouts. Unlike lower priced
brands, our Bumper Plates are made of a harder and denser rubber
compound. As a result, our Bumper Plates have a much thinner profile
and more plates can be fit on the bar .
Others claim to have
equivalent rubber hardness, but their 10lb and 15lb bumper plates "waffle"
easily when dropped. The typical Bumper Plate has a thin pressed steel
insert which will come out over time with repeated droppings. Our
inserts are forged solid steel and anchored into the plate. We were the
first to introduce this technology in 2011 and to this day we have
replaced less than a dozen bumper plates out of multiple tons of plates
One of the things you will immediately notice when
lifting our bumper plates is how snugly they fit together on the bar as
well as the dead blow/low bounce effect they exhibit when dropped. It's
a very noticeable sound compared to the clanking rattling noise and
basketball-like rebounding you will experience with lesser quality brands.
The 295 lb Bumper Plates and Olympic Bar Set contains the following:
- One Basic Hard Chrome Olympic Bar (other barbell options are available in drop down menu)
- 16 unique Olympic Bar options are available
- Set contains: 45 lb (two pair - four 45 lb plates) , 25 lb, and 10 lb bumper plates (one pair of each variant unless listed otherwise)
- Made to IWF (International Weightlifting Federation) Standard diameter 450mm (17.7165 inch).
- Solid Rubber Bumper Plates made from virgin rubber not recycled rubber.
- Low bounce for safety
- Safe for platform use
Bumper Plates have been tested to 30,000 drops from a height of 9 feet
without any deformation of the insert or damage to the rubber surface.
- Shore Durometer A 88.7 - 89.1 What is Shore Durometer? See Here.
- Plate diameter: 450 mm (17.7") - Collar opening: 50.4 mm
- Insert type: Forged Stainless Steel, not a thin pressed or stamped steel like some others
Inserts are actually anchored into the rubber, unlike most which are simply pressed in
- Plates have a thinner, low-profile design which allows you to fit more on the bar
- Weight tolerance: +/- 1% of claimed weight
- For: CrossFit®, Weightlifting, strength training, commercial gym or home gym use
- Warranty: 36 months on 55 lb, 45 lb, 35 lb, and 25 lb Bumper Plates; 6 months on 10 lb and 15 lb bumper plates