415 lb Bumper Plate and Olympic Bar Set - A
Vulcan Bumper Plates are built to endure the rigors of
Olympic Weightlifting and CrossFit® workouts. Unlike other brands, our Bumper Plates are made of a harder and denser rubber compound. As a result, our Bumper Plates have a much thinner profile and more plates can be fit on the bar.
Others claim to have
equivalent rubber hardness, but their 10lb and 15lb bumper plates "waffle"
easily when dropped. The typical Bumper Plate has a thin pressed steel insert which will come out over time with repeated droppings. Our inserts are forged solid steel and anchored into the plate. We were the first to introduce this technology in 2011.
One of the things you will immediately notice when lifting our bumper plates is the dead blow/low bounce effect they exhibit when dropped. It's very noticeable compared to the clanking rattling noise and basketball-like rebounding you will experience with lesser quality brands.
The 415 lb Bumper Plates and Olympic Bar Set contains the following:
- One Basic 20 Kg Hard Chrome Olympic Bar (other barbell options can be selected in the drop-down menu)
- Upgrading the barbell selection will increase the overall price of the package. All barbell options are discounted with the set.
- Set contains a pair of each of the following Bumper Plate weight variants: 55 lb, 45 lb, 35 lb, 25 lb, 15 lb, and 10 lb (370 lb Set)
- Made to IWF (International Weightlifting Federation) Standard diameter 450 mm (17.7inches approx)
- Solid Rubber Bumper Plates made from virgin rubber not recycled rubber.
- Low bounce for safety
- Safe for platform use
Bumper Plates have been tested to 30,000 drops from a height of 9 feet
without any deformation of the insert or damage to the rubber surface.
- Shore Durometer A 88.7 - 89.1 What is Shore Durometer? See Here.
- Plate diameter: 450 mm (17.71") - Collar opening: 50.4 mm
- Insert type: Forged Stainless Steel, not a thin pressed or stamped steel like some others
Inserts are actually anchored into the rubber, unlike most which are simply pressed in
- Plates have a thinner, low-profile design which allows you to fit more on the bar
- Weight tolerance: +/- 1% of claimed weight
- For: CrossFit®, Weightlifting, strength training, commercial gym or home gym use
- Warranty: 36 months on 55 lb, 45 lb, 35 lb, and 25 lb Bumper Plates; 6 months on 10 lb and 15 lb bumper plates