Vulcan Alpha™ Bumper Plates
Alpha Bumper Plates offer a better alternative to recycled rubber bumper plates
Vulcan Alpha™ Bumper Plates are formulated from a unique rubber compound This unique rubber compound is not found in any other bumper plate. (Patent Pending). Alpha Bumpers are not made from recycled rubber! Alpha Bumper plates are made for indoor or outdoor use. These weight plates offer a low bounce on any surface, unlike recycled rubber plates that can bounce dangerously high or "skip" away from you. Alpha Bumpers make approximately 25% less noise when dropped from a height of 9 ft, based on testing with a decibel meter. Hearing damage & loss have become issues to some weightlifting coaches and trainers due to the level of noise exposure from multiple athletes dropping bumper plates throughout a training session. If your gym is located in an area where the dropping of weights can cause a disturbance to your neighbors, the reduction of noise can be helpful. The Alpha Bumper plates have a much lower odor than crumb rubber bumper plates or recycled rubber bumper plates. The appearance of the Alpha Bumper Plates sets is unique and trademarked. The Fleck "Camouflaged-Like" pattern is clearly distinct and will make these the best looking and best performing bumper plates in your gym.
Frequently Asked Questions About Alpha Bumper Plates
What is the difference between the regular bumper plates and the Alpha Bumper Plates?
- Regular bumper plates are made to be dropped on rubber flooring or wood platforms. Using regular bumper plates on concrete or asphalt will impact their durability greatly. Alpha bumper plates can be dropped outdoors without fear of damaging the rubber. Alpha bumper plates are made of a patented rubber compound and process that is unique to Vulcan Alpha. The Alpha rubber compound has higher durability than standard bumper plates thus we back that claim with a 48-month warranty.
Do The Vulcan black bumper plates bounce the same as the Alpha Bumper Plates?
- Yes. The bounce between the two plates is the same. You could drop both plates side by side and there would not be a noticeable difference. The Alpha bumper plates are low bounce as are all of our bumper plates.
I saw some other bumper plates that looked similar, are they the same?
- No, they are not the same. Any bumper plate factory can make flecks in the rubber or use dye to give the appearance of flecks. The Vulcan Alpha Bumper Plates were introduced in 2015 and have become very popular. So popular and proven, that the appearance has been copied, but without the functionality of the Alpha Bumper Plates. Other Fleck plates are made with standard rubber that can chip, show easy signs of wear, or crack easily when dropped on aggregate surfaces such as concrete or pavement.
Do the Alpha Bumper Plates use the same Anchored Insert that other Vulcan Bumper plates use?
- Yes. The anchored steel insert will not loosen and depart easily as do bumper plates with standard pressed-in inserts. A pressed-in insert sits above the rubber surface on both sides of the plate. It is not embedded in the rubber during the process of vulcanization and as a result, lacks the durability of Vulcan Alpha Bumper Plates
Bumper Plates Dimensions, Specifications, and Colors:
- Lower profile compared to crumb rubber plates or recycled rubber plates and many other brands of bumper plates
- 10 lb - 1.17 inches, 15.7" diameter, Grey Fleck
- 15 lb - 1.38 inches, 17.7" diameter, Orange Fleck
- 25 lb - 1.81 inches, 17.7" diameter, Green Fleck
- 35 lb - 2.55 inches, 17.7" diameter, Yellow Fleck
- 45 lb - 2.95 inches, 17.7" diameter, Blue Fleck
- 55 lb - 3.34 inches, 17.7" diameter, Red Fleck
- Weight tolerance: +/- 1%
- 10 lb plates are a slightly smaller diameter to add density to the rubber compound to allow for dropping. 10 lb plates can be dropped alone on the bar
- Color-coded with large Flecks of rubber for easy identification from a distance and a really unique look
- Color coding is standard IWF type coloring
- Color Flecks are part of the rubber compound
- Fit tighter together than crumb rubber or recycled rubber bumper plates. Less vibration and wobbling.
- 48-month warranty on 55 lb, 45 lb, 35 lb, 36 months on 25 lb plates, 1 year on 15 lb and 10 lb bumper plates
- Plates can be used outdoors but should be stored indoors when not in use.
- Vulcan Strength does not guarantee Vulcan Bumper Plates to fit on barbells that are not 50 mm diameter
160 lb Alpha Bumper Plate Set (45 lb, 25 lb, 10 lb - Pair of Each)
Bumper Plate Sets Variants:
230 lb Alpha Bumper Plate Set (45 lb, 35 lb, 25 lb, 10 lb - Pair of Each)
250 lb Alpha Bumper Plate Set (45 lb, 45 lb, 25 lb, 10 lb - Pair of Each)
260 lb Alpha Bumper Plate Set (45 lb, 35 lb, 25 lb, 15 lb, 10 lb - Pair of Each)
280 lb Alpha Bumper Plate Set (45 lb, 45 lb, 25 lb, 15 lb, 10 lb - Pair of Each)
340 lb Alpha Bumper Plate Set (55 lb, 45 lb, 35 lb, 25 lb, 10 lb - Pair of Each)
350 lb Alpha Bumper Plate Set (45 lb, 45 lb, 35 lb, 25 lb, 15 lb, 10 lb - Pair of Each)
370 lb Alpha Bumper Plate Set (55 lb, 45 lb, 35 lb, 25 lb, 15 lb, 10 lb - Pair of Each)
Bumper Plates - Alpha
Note: All bumper plate sets and bumper Plate-Olympic bar packages and other heavy items may ship LTL freight. If you live in an area that is not accessible to a full-sized freight truck contact us to make other shipping arrangements to avoid delays. You will be responsible for unloading the items from the truck, not the driver. If you require inside delivery or a truck with a lift gate to deliver, you must contact us for an additional rate quote for these extra services. Contact Us if you need a quote for shipping outside the Continental USA.
Alpha Bumper Plates