VULCAN 15 LB BUMPER PLATES - PAIR (BLACK)
Vulcan Bumper Plates are built to endure the rigors of Olympic Weightlifting and CrossFit® workouts. Unlike lower priced brands, our Bumper Plates are made of a harder and denser rubber compound. As a result, our Bumper Plates have a much thinner profile and more plates can be fit on the bar.
Others claim to have equivalent rubber hardness, but their 10 lb and 15 lb bumper plates "waffle" easily when dropped. They offer minimal or no posted warranty on their bumper plates. They state that their plates are not made for dropping. Vulcan Bumper Plates Are Made To Be Dropped!
The typical Bumper Plate has a thin pressed steel insert which will come out over time with repeated droppings. Our inserts are forged solid steel and anchored into the plate. We were the first to introduce this technology in 2011 and to this day we have replaced less than two dozen bumper plates out of thousands of tons of plates sold.
One of the things you will immediately notice when lifting our bumper plates is how snugly they fit together on the bar as well as the dead blow/low bounce effect they exhibit when dropped. It's a very noticeable sound compared to the clanking rattling noise and basketball-like rebounding you will experience with lesser brands.
Be aware that low cost bumper plates are made from low cost materials.
They are made with recycled materials and use chemicals in processing that contain PAHS. Inferior methods of processing produce low grade rubber with high levels of surface defects and high odor. Vulcan bumper plates are PAHS free and made from first use natural virgin rubber.
Vulcan Bumper Plate Specifications:
- Made to IWF (International Weightlifting Federation) Standard diameter 450mm (17.7165 inch).
- Solid Rubber Bumper Plates made from virgin rubber not recycled rubber.
- Low bounce for safety
- Safe for platform use
- Vulcan Bumper Plates have been tested to 30,000 drops from a height of 9 feet without any deformation of the insert or damage to the rubber surface
- Shore Durometer A 88.7 - 89.1 What is Shore Durometer? See Here.
- Plate diameter: 450mm (17.7") - Collar opening: 50.4mm · Insert type: Forged Hardened Steel, not a thin pressed or stamped steel like some others
- Inserts are actually anchored into the rubber, unlike most which are simply pressed in
- Plates have a thinner, low-profile design which allows you to fit more on the bar
- Weight tolerance: +/- 1% of claimed weight
- Bumper Plate Thickness
- 10 lb - 1.06"
- 15 lb - 1.18"
- 25 lb - 1.18"
- 35 lb - 2.31"
- 45 lb - 3"
- 55 lb - 3.06"
- Insert Type: Forged stainless anchored into rubber. Vulcan strength was the first company to introduce this technology in 2011. Many other brands of bumper plates used stamped in or pressed in metal inserts that can easily depart from the plate or begin to loosen with repeated drops.
What are Bumper Plates Used for?
- CrossFit®, Weightlifting, strength training, commercial gym or home gym use
- Warranty: 1 year on 15 lb bumper plates
- 15 lb bumper plates can be dropped on bar alone