230 lb Bumper Plate Set
Vulcan Bumper Plates Sets are built to endure the rigors of Olympic Weightlifting and CrossFit® workouts. Unlike lower priced brands, our Bumper Plates are made of a harder and denser rubber compound. As a result, our Bumper Plates have a much thinner profile and more plates can be fit on the bar .
Others claim to have equivalent rubber hardness, but their 10 lb and 15 lb bumper plates "waffle" easily when dropped. The typical Bumper Plate has a thin pressed steel insert which will come out over time with repeated droppings. Our inserts are forged solid steel and anchored into the plate. We were the first to introduce this technology in 2011 and to this day we have replaced less than a dozen bumper plates out of multiple tons of plates sold.
One of the things you will immediately notice when lifting our bumper plates is how snugly they fit together on the bar as well as the dead blow/low bounce effect they exhibit when dropped. It's a very noticeable sound compared to the clanking rattling noise and basketball-like rebounding you will experience with lesser brands.
- Made to IWF (International Weightlifting Federation) Standard diameter 450mm (17.7165 inch).
- Solid Rubber Bumper Plates made from virgin rubber not recycled rubber.
- Low bounce for safety
- Safe for platform use
- Vulcan Bumper Plates have been tested to 30,000 drops from a height of 9 feet without any deformation of the insert or damage to the rubber surface.
- Shore Durometer A 88.7 - 89.1 What is Shore Durometer? See Here.
- Plate diameter: 450mm (17.7") - Collar opening: 50.4mm
- Insert type: Forged Stainless Steel, not a thin pressed or stamped steel like some others Inserts are actually anchored into the rubber, unlike most which are simply pressed in
- Plates have a thinner, low-profile design which allows you to fit more on the bar
- Weight tolerance: +/- 1 % of claimed weight
- For: CrossFit®, Weightlifting, strength training, commercial gym or home gym use
- Warranty: 36 months on 45 lb, and 25 lb Bumper Plates; 1 year on 10 lb bumper plates
- Set contains: 45 lb, 35 lb, 25 lb and 10 lb bumper plates (one pair of each)